Located in Maiden Newton, Dorset
This wonderful detached, former dairy has been lovingly converted and is set in a delightful location just outside the pretty village of Sydling St Nicholas. Ideally positioned for exploring the wealth of attractions on the Jurassic coast.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 7
- Pet Friendly: No
This stylishly converted, environmentally friendly property is extremely well equipped in all areas and is a perfect retreat all year round with facilities to entertain everyone, whatever the weather. It is ideally placed for exploring the local area and pretty seaside villages and towns. There are some great visitor attractions in the area including Montacute House, Hardy’s Cottage and Bovington Tank Museum. For those wishing to enjoy Dorset’s more sedate offerings, a whole host of walks can be enjoyed from nearby the property, taking in the simply beautiful rolling hills that are littered with flora and fauna. A marked farm trail leads from the property for everyone to enjoy and explore, which is within the stunning Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Or if this all sounds too exhausting, a day relaxing at the property or unwinding in front of the wood burner is always a good option.
Entering the house into the large entrance hallway, a door leads you into the delightful open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area. This spacious triple aspect room benefits from underfloor heating, as well as ceiling to floor south-facing windows and double doors which flood the room with light, offering a great living area and a perfect space for entertaining and gatherings. In the lounge area, there is comfortable seating to relax in front of the wood burner, watch your favourite programme or film on the Sky TV or Blu ray DVD player or challenge your companions to a game on the Wii games console. The open plan living space overlooks the patio and the dining area contains a large farmhouse style table where you can enjoy your meals while catching up with family and friends. The kitchen is well equipped with a range cooker and five ring induction hob, a dishwasher, a fridge, a freezer and a breakfast bar. There is a useful separate utility room on the ground floor with a sink, washing machine and tumble dryer. Three of the bedrooms are on the ground floor, one with a king-size bed and a walk in dressing room leading to an en suite bathroom with a roll-top bath and WC. The next two bedrooms on the ground floor each contain twin beds and both have en suites, one with a shower and WC and one with a walk in dressing room and a roll-top bath and WC. Completing the ground floor is a shower room with a WC. Heading upstairs you will find three more bedrooms, two have king-size beds and en suites, one with a shower and WC, and one with a walk in dressing room that leads to an en suite with a roll-top bath and WC. The third bedroom on this floor is a twin with an en suite shower room and WC. Also upstairs is the games room which is located on the large mezzanine level overlooking the ground floor living areas. This is extremely well equipped with a pool table, table football and seating around the TV which has Satellite TV as well as a Bluray DVD player, Xbox games console and Xbox Kinect.
Stepping outside from the living area through the large French doors is the enclosed south facing patio which has a covered seating area and BBQ, perfect for al fresco dining or drinks. There is ample off-road parking outside the property.
- Stylish eco-friendly property, the perfect rural sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle
- Located to experience the remote natural beauty of the region with direct access to open countryside
- All bedrooms are spacious and light with the benefit of having their own en-suite facilities
- 6 bedrooms on the ground floor are 3 bedrooms, 1 king-size and 2 twins; on the first floor, there are a further 3 bedrooms, 2 king-size and 1 twin
- 7 bathrooms/shower rooms 3 en suite each with a roll-top bath, shower attachment and WC, 3 en suite shower rooms each with a shower and WC, 1 separate shower room and WC on the ground floor
- Kitchen range cooker with 5 ring induction hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and breakfast bar
- Utility room with sink, washing machine, tumble dryer
- Wood burner in the lounge
- SkyTV, Bluray DVD and Wii games console in the lounge
- Games room with pool table, table football, Satellite TV, BluRay DVD, Xbox games console and Xbox Kinect
- Radio and iPod dock
- Electric and heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- Stairgates are available for the top and bottom of stairs
- Enclosed patio with seating and BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- Farm activities there is a marked farm trail leading from the property which is within the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Regret no pets
- Limited mobile phone signal due to the rural location
- Beach at Weymouth 16½ miles, shop 3 miles and pub 1 mile (approx
- 20-30 minute walk)
Maiden Newton is a town-sized village with the River Frome running through it. Maiden Newton has developed as a pretty village with a blend of old and new buildings. A petrol station with a supermarket attached, a few independent shops and a pub mean you can walk to all amenities.
The neighbouring village of Cattistock has a fully enclosed park and play area beside the pub. The Fox and Hounds is directly opposite the playground which offers homecooked food and is dog friendly. The village of Sydling St. Nicholas is stunningly picturesque. The village follows along the little Sydling Water with tiny connecting bridges. Ancient thatched cottages line the bank - well worth a visit. Dorchester is a 15 minute car journey away so here you can experience the sedate country way of life, knowing that the hustle of bustle of town life is never far away.